Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Here's the story...

Does anyone else LOVE The Brady Bunch? I have the fondest memories of it from childhood. My mom used to work part time when I was in school, so somedays I would go to my friend's house after kindergarten. I remember vividly that when we got to her house, her Mom would set out TV trays with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Campbell's vegetable beef soup. Then we got to watch an episode of The Brady Bunch. I remember the day when we had our trays all set up and we were ready to go. Her Mom turned on the TV and to our dismay and horror, our favorite show wasn't on. They must have moved the time slot or something but we cried and cried. It was sooooo traumatic (and dramatic)!

So fast forward 30 years and my sister bought me a 4 disc set of the original Brady Bunch series. How fabulous! My kids came across it yesterday and asked if they could watch. Of course! I put in the first disc...the very first episode shows how Mr. Brady and Mrs. Martin get married and form the Brady Bunch. As soon as I heard the song, all of my 5 year old memories came flooding back. I'm so excited that I can share this with my kids. My 5 year old loves the show. Even my 3 year old likes it! 30 years later, the Brady Bunch still rocks!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So great to share an old love with your kids! Groovy!

bethy said...

oh, i want to get the collection for my kids! how fun! i remember watching it with my next door neighbor best friend many times because my brother and i would fight over the tv. gilligans island was on at the same time and my brother wanted to watch that over the brady bunch - crazy!

Ann(ie) said...

I loved that show when I was a kid!