Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Going Through a Mid Life Crisis, Maybe?

I've turned into my own brand of superhero lately. Look....driving too fast down the road, it's a Mom, it's a responsible adult.....No, it's Wannabe Party Girl! Just between you and me, on several occasions after I've dropped my kids off at either a play date or at my in-laws, I crank up the loudest, most obnoxious music I can find and I've had the BIGGEST craving for cigarettes and margaritas. Crazy, you say?! Absolutely! But I almost veered my car into the nearest gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes the other day.

So picture this. The other day, my friend volunteered to watch the kids so I could run to the grocery store quickly (you know, the quick in and out trip which is like paradise to those of us who are Moms. No one asked for doughnuts, juice boxes, sugar cereal, pop tarts....it was sheer heaven). So anyway, I was driving my preppy, skirt-wearing self (pearls, hair band and all, mind you!), in my oh so hip Volvo station wagon (the sexy beast - complete with empty car seats, sippy cups and gold fish crackers spilled throughout the backseat) and blasting Guns and Roses, of all things. Windows down. Singing loudly along to the music. There was dancing. And clapping. Ummmm, and hair swinging. And maybe even some overbiting. I know all the 21 year olds are standing in line to be my friend. I'm humbly waiting for my cease and desist letter from Guns and Roses.

4 comments:

Slackermommy said...

I would have a blast hanging out with you!

tommie said...

Hey! I have a volvo wagon....I have to curb what I listen to in the car with the kids though.

I told L the other day to quit hollaring and she looked at me and said, "I ain't no holla-back girl"...oops, she must have been listening!

It is a rare thing when I don't have one or the other with me!

Mrs. Preschool said...

Oh yes...while the kids are in the car it's like "hey kids, who'd like to listen to Barry Manilow?"

And Tommiea, it could be worse. I have a friend who listened to old Christina Aguillara in her car and her 4 year old started singing "you gotta rub me the right way."

UGH!

workinthatpreppy said...

I can totally relate! I have that craving too. Must be summer...XM radio is the worst but my favotite song..."damn all these..beautiful girls!" Happy Birthday!