Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Envelope Please....

And the award for the best sandwich in the whole world goes to.....
the fluffer nutter! For those of you who haven't experienced this bliss, all it takes is bread, peanut butter and marshmellow creme. I have friends with kids who have peanut allergies, so you could try this with sun butter. I'm not sure if it would have the same effect, but hey...what wouldn't be good with marshmellow creme on top??

As a Mother's Day gift I got a basket filled with Sandra Lee cookbooks and all sorts of goodies including marshmellow creme. My 5 year old, Jack, and I made fluffer nutter sandwiches last night as a special treat. You have to understand, we've become a household of whole grain, low sugar and high fiber. So when we sat back and had our first bites of our sandwiches together, it was pure joy. When Jack was done with his sandwich, he had a huge toothless grin on his face (the tooth fairy visited us for the first time 2 weeks ago) and he had the fluff part literally from ear to ear. Making sure my kids get healthy foods each week - about $115 at the grocery store. Seeing that fluffery, toothless, joy-filled smile....priceless!

No comments: