Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Graduate

Well, I would like to say that I was all choked up at my son's first graduation ceremony....the teachers speaking about each child's individual strengths and character traits, the poems that were read, the fact that the children performed. Most moms would be teary-eyed at the least or full-out weeping at the most. So am I cold hearted, you ask? No, no. I missed about 3/4 of the ceremony because unfortunately 9:30 was the time my 3 year old decided it was time to have a full blown, throw yourself on the floor, screaming tantrum. It was a moment I will treasure always. Thankfully my husband was there filming the entire thing so we do have film for posterity. I have yet to watch it because at one point I know I'll hear myself on tape whispering something sarcastic and then whisking my younger son out of the room. Not my proudest mommy moment. Can anyone relate?

No comments: