Thursday, May 24, 2007

Muffin Top

Okay, Okay...I know I posted the most beautiful words from the most beautiful Audrey Hepburn yesterday and I should be taking them to heart. And I am...for the most part. I need a little help in the staying slim category. Ever since I had number 2 son, I have the infamous muffin top (you know, that little roll that appears above the waist of your pants when you zip them up). I have been completely sucked into "What not to Wear" so I can figure out how to hide this disturbing gelatinous flaw (Stacey and Clinton, if you're reading this...I LOVE you, but I can't picture myself wearing a blazer everyday to hide my "pooch" - especially when I'm just going to be hanging around the house and ya know, cleaning toilets). So instead of hiding it, I just want it eliminated altogether.

So here's my challenge...does anyone want to play "Lose that muffin top" with me? Let's make June "Get Healthy Month". I plan on taking Audrey's advice..I'm going to share food with the hungry by donating money to http://samaritanspurse.org/ and to http://www.joycemeyer.org/jmmweb/missionscampaign/missionscampaign.aspx and then I'm going focus on exercising more and eating less. I'll even post some healthy recipes. We can keep track of our successes together.

Anyone with me?????

3 comments:

workinthatpreppy said...

wow...when i saw the muffin i thought maybe we could eat more this summer! really...i do the exercising it's just the eating part i have trouble with. but...i could get healthier and lose ten pounds before july 3rd..which is vaca with a very skinny and healthy family.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

My 20-year high school reunion is in July AND we are going to Florida in June...my muffin top better be gone! I'm trying to eat healthier, but I love cheeseburgers, wine and ice cream a bit too much. ;)

Stefanie said...

I'm with you!!